Saturday, March 2, 2013

Fearless Females Blog Post: March 2 ~ Picture of Mary Ross of Mechanic Settlement



Mary Elizabeth Ross
(1848-1904)

Born in Mechanic Settlement, Elgin Parish
Albert County, New Brunswick
Wife of Samuel Bustin

My 2nd Great Grandmother

I am guessing that this picture was taken when Mary was in her 40’s, so perhaps around the turn of the century. She was the wife of a butcher, 30 years her senior, and the mother of nine children.

I chose this picture of her because it is the only picture I have of her. I love this picture because she portrays a life of hard work raising a large family, yet she is dignified and serious in her high collar blouse.



Lisa Alzo of  The Accidental Genealogist blog is presenting her Fearless Females: 31 Blogging Prompts to Celebrate Women’s History Month series in honor of National Women’s History Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment