Sunday, July 28, 2013

A Blogoversary Road Trip



Today marks the 4th Blogoversary of Digging Down East. Thanks to all my faithful readers over the past four years for indulging my passion for documenting, recording, and writing about my family.

As you read this, I am on my way down east for my annual vacation/research trip. I'm looking forward to spending some much needed quality time with my wonderful mom (and research assistant extraordinaire).

I'll visit the usual spots where my Maine and New Hampshire ancestors lived, including Bridgton, Harrison, Portland, South Portland, Whitefield, Cape Elizabeth, Scarborough, and Gorham, as well as the Maine State Archives in Augusta.

I'm looking forward to meeting the great folks I've met online from the Greater Portland Chapter of the Maine Genealogical Society, and will join them for a wonderful House Island tour on Casco Bay.

The highlight of this past year of blogging was hearing from Gary and Deb LeMons, complete strangers, who had found a 1930 Portland High School ring belonging to my Great Aunt Flora Parsons. If you missed it, you can read it here.

As my fifth year of genea-blogging begins, another complete stranger, Arthur Brooks, Jr., has contacted me because my cousin Mary Arletta Curran was his dad's birth mother, at the tender age of 15!


Hang On...It Promises To Be an Exciting Ride!






photo credit: x-ray delta one via photopin cc


5 comments:

  1. Pam,

    Happy 4th Blogiversary!! Love you picture. Yes genealogy is an exciting ride. I just got back from a family history trip to Arizona. We both have about the same number of readers. Maybe we should follow each other as we ride down the rode doing family history. You will still have more than me but who is counting?

    Regards, Grant

    http://thestephensherwoodletters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogoversary, Pam! We both started our blogs at about the same time.

    ReplyDelete