Thursday, June 7, 2012

“Oh, Sailor!” Waikiki in ‘50 -- Treasure Chest Thursday

Recently I came upon this oversized postcard (9 x7!), postmarked November 25, 1950, that Dad sent to my grandmother, while he was on leave in Hawaii.  I am amazed that it is in such great condition.

SeaveyDickPCHawaiiFront

SeaveyDickPCHawaiiBack 

“Dear Mother,
I read in the paper that there is quite a lot of snow on the east coast. Here the sun is shining and it is quite warm. On Thanksgiving day I went swimming. I’ll bet you didn’t. ha ha.

‘King Solomon’s Mines’ is playing at the Waikiki theatre. I may go there. I am wearing blues today because I haven’t got any clean whites. Got to send some to the laundry.
Your loving son,
Richard”
SeaveyDickNavyWhites

Dick Seavey in his “clean” whites

KingSolomon'sMinesMoviePoster

Deborah Kerr and Stewart Granger!

No comments:

Post a Comment